Something I’ve always enjoyed on other blogs and wanted to bring to this blog is a list of links to interesting articles and items. As you can tell from the title of this post, I hope to make this a weekly thing, though I’m not sure what day I’ll end up doing it on for the long run. The fiance and I are currently in the process of redoing our apartment, so there’s a bit of a design/decorating theme to this weeks links.
- PROJECT MUZA– A very cool Israeli initiative is taking place as we speak: Project Muza is an event aiming to expose fashion bloggers and designers to Israeli culture and the Israeli fashion industry. Currently 10 foreign bloggers including Marta Carriendo, Laureen Uy, Luisa Lion, and Anna Barosso are traveling around Israel taking in the sights and sounds, meeting with Israeli bloggers, and getting a first hand look at the unique blend of cultures in the country. Follow the project on instagram and twitter at @projectmuza, and check out the website at www.projectmuza.com
- TRAVEL JACKET– Crowdfunding history was made when the BAUBAX travel jacket raised a whopping $7.3 million this week – more than any other clothing project in crowdfunding history. The jacket features a neck pillow, eye mask, gloves, earphone holders, drink pocket, and tech pocket and comes in two styles. You can still get in on the ground floor here.
- AFFORDABLE ART– Looking for something to adorn your walls that’s a little more sophisticated than that Breakfast at Tiffany’s poster from your college days but don’t have thousands to spend? Art.com sells everything from prints to hand painted canvases to “switchable art” at affordable prices, and today they’re offering 45% off everything. Artriver focuses on a select group of modern artists and sells unique pieces for less.
- PEDICURE SAFETY– Everyone loves a pedicure (I see more and more men getting them recently too yay!), but occasionally horror stories of life threatening infections from a pedicure hit the news. Before you let the stories scare you out of treating your feet, check out this article from YouBeauty discussing just how safe pedicures really are and how to know you’re getting a good one.
- IKEA ADD-ONS– Ikea is known for it’s affordable furniture, and “Ikea hacks” have been popular on Pinterest for a while now. A company called O’verlays decided to capitalize on the trend with post-market add-ons specifically made to fit popular Ikea pieces. Check out the websiteto make your $50 dresser with a name you can’t pronounce look like a million bucks.
- GORILLA HIDE-AND-SEEK– Need some cuteness in your life? Check out these human and gorilla toddlers playing a quick game of hide-and-seek at the zoo.
- GOODBYE TO DOWNTON– Everyone’s favorite aristocrats will be leaving the small screen after the sixth and final season of Downton Abbey, which begins on this side of the pond on September 20th and in the US on January 3rd. The show released it’s first official Season 6 trailer. Warning, you may shed a tear watching it…after all, who wants to say goodbye to blue blooded sassiness that is Maggie Smith?